“We are in the ember months. . .” So I overheard some folks discussing. The dreaded “ember months” in my clime refers to the last four (4) months of the year – September, October, November and December. It is believed that unprecedented events occur and so need for caution. I believe the word “ember” was coined because most of the months end with ’ember’ and the one that does not; October has only a missing letter and seem to flow along.
I tried not to listen to what the discuss was about as it usually promotes fear like the months were expected to be unsafe for any good thing. While I struggle with engaging my thoughts on a more positive thoughts, I stood a mental ground of the many hopes I have for the 3 months, 6 days. Fumbled through my mobile device and saw a beautiful inspiring broadcast – author unknown (quite painful!) It simply made my day!
The article was about miracles and what is at stake. Some miracles in the Bible were chronicled and the extra effort that was required by the recipient of the miracles. From Noah with mastery of measurement; Mary with patience to bear Baby Jesus’ pregnancy for 9 full months and David having skills in ‘darting’ stones and fighting “wild animals”.
I mumbled a prayer for a miracle but these chronicles triggered a new direction for prayers for me:
• Instead of praying for wealth, pray for ideas, capacity & opportunities for wealth.
• Instead of praying for a job, pray for capacity, opportunities & platforms that will gain attraction to employers
• For a source of income? Don’t just pray for a job, pray for ideas, capacity and opportunities.
• Instead of praying for a material need, pray for product, service or ideas that can earn equivalent cost of purchase.
• Instead of praying for good people – as staff, friends, clients, pray that you will become so good and attract good people.
• You need a promotion, pray for distinguishing capacity, effort, ideas and opportunities to your boss and employer.
• You need a spouse, pray to become disciplined, purposeful, loving, forgiving and attractive for a suitor or “suitee” (Lol😎).
• You need resources for a project, pray and search out wisdom, ideas, capacity, selfless people to help implement the project.
• You still need a miracle? Pray for a directed sacrifice for the miracle. . .
Welcome to a new week, pray for your miracle and make the sacrifice for it. .
Have a miraculous week.
#Mondaymotivation #newweek #monday #Bankysanyaposts #miracle