The long awaited new year has come, wherever you are, even if it has not come, it’s sure nearer than ever before. For all activities, ideas, plans, dreams, redress, retreat that you have earlier scheduled for “next year”, it has finally come! And as the year 2016 beckons, many thoughts run through one’s mind at the same time. The thought of how the incumbent year has fared, through the highs and the lows, good times and bad times, failures and achievements.
The question of what 2016 holds can only be fully answered retrospectively after the year is over. The content of the answer unveils itself immediately as everyday of the Three Hundred and Sixty-Five (365) days unfolds and writes the prose. A temporary answer can only be that powered by hope and faith.
We enter into the season of “goal consciousness” and “new year resolutions” as expected since everyone old and young should have new sets of ideals for the year. Oftentimes, the goals and ideals are motivated by many external factors. We all want to be financially independent, have more landmark achievements, gain more grounds, promoted, acquire more assets, be more successful and more relevant in our world and our various spheres of influence. For some reasons, juggling this feat(s) in the new year can be with some excitement and a little bit of apprehension.
I do not intend to reel out how to plan your life or planning the year 2016 or some 7-steps to goal setting. I just desire to pep up your views, faith and hope in the year 2016. The sun of the first day in the new year rises like every other day with no phenomenal nor dramatic event heralding it and so it’s easy to slip into thinking its year like every other year, No, it’s not! It can’t be because you have not seen it before.
Here are a few things you owe yourself in 2016:-
– First things first, pardon yourself and the outgone year with all the failures shortcomings, limitations, challenges, disappointments and all that should have been but did not. Carry out a hard reset and free your mind from the clutters of 2015.
– Think very very big, never mind to start small. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures” ~ H. Jackson Brown
– Learn, act and keep acting on positive habits.
“Our repeated failure to fully act as we would wish must not discourage us. It is the sincere intention that is the essential thing, and this will in time release us from the bondage of habits which at present seem almost insuperable”
~ Thomas Toward
– Move on actively and forward with all ideas and ideals that you’ve identified as positive. A Mexican proverb says – “Poco a poco les andan lejos” meaning “Little by little, we travel far”. Take predetermined little and forward steps daily.
– Judge yourself daily and reward every little achievement.
“Not in rewards, but in the strength to strive, the blessing lies” ~ J. T. Towbridge.
– Cross all the ‘t’s and dot all the ‘i’s and maintain a positive attitude. “Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can” ~ Willis Whitney
~ Get just a reason to live 2016 to the fullest, wake up and smell a bubbling 2016. Welcome to the year of your dream.
Have a beautiful, blissful, fruitful, peaceful, powerful, wonderful and a fabulous 2016.
Olubamike Fadipe is a writer with a passion to inspire, impact and motivate.